Abstract Photography

Water beads

Oil and Water

Refraction

Shadows

Reflection Questions:

a. What is the distinct mood of the photograph? Explain.

The distinct mood of the refraction photo is cold and winter. It puts you in the mood of winter and staying inside and keeping warm.

b. What does the photo make you think about? Explain.

The refraction photo makes me think about the winter. It makes me think about sledding, skating, snowmen and other activities during the winter. It makes me think about Christmas as well.

c. What in the photo jumps out at you? Explain.

What jumps out to me in the refraction photo is that through the apple, the image flips upside down. This makes the picture distinct and creative. It provides a new look for someone while viewing the picture.

d. How does the photo make you feel? Explain.

The refraction photo makes me feel cold from the snowy image. It also makes me feel festive because it reminds me of Christmas. It also makes me feel active because it reminds me of so many winter activities.

e. What advice would you give to next year’s students for shooting abstract photography? Explain.

Advice I would give is to be patient while taking pictures. You do not want to rush your process. Take your time to choose the correct angles, shapes, and other factors to make your picture great and creative.

4 comments

1. aidanmin26 · December 11, 2023 at 3:26 pm ·

I like how calculated the shadows picture is. I can tell because the photographer used the rule of thirds to highlight the object and its shadow. I also like how the color of the object the photographer picked, blue.

2. aidanmin26 · December 11, 2023 at 3:27 pm ·

However, no picture is perfect. The picture seems to be a little blurry. If the photographer held the camera a little stiller, the picture would be better.

3. aidanmin26 · December 11, 2023 at 3:27 pm ·

I would advise the photographer to be a little more patient and calm. You can tell the photographer is not because of the blurriness in some of the pictures. If the photographer took his time to take a perfect and still picture, they would improve dramatically.

4. michaeldra26 · December 19, 2023 at 2:21 pm ·

One thing that I like most about the photo is the background that he used. The snowy background fits the season currently which I really like. The aura that the background makes is really nice and complements the glass apple.
    One thing that could be better is the blurriness in the photo. I think that if he cleaned up the blurriness of the photo then it would be a perfect photo. The frame of the apple could also be much better in the photo.
    One piece of advice for the photographer to help them make their work better next time is to make the color pop more in the background. If there was more color than the photo could look amazing. The color with the refraction of the glass apple would go great with each other.