Cretu

Reflection 

• What do you hope your composite image communicates to the viewer? What statement is your piece making about culture today?  Explain Give reasons why you chose your images. 

What I hope my image will communicate to the viewer is that the Scream is one of the greatest paintings ever created. It is highly regarded and just like this painting is highly regarded, Lebron is also considered one of the greatest basketball players of all time. The statement it is making is that Lebron just like the Scream painting is very iconic in today’s culture and both the painting and Lebron are very important. Reasons I chose these images are because they are both screaming in their respective images. I also chose them because the Scream is considered one of the greatest paintings of all time and Lebron is considered one of the greatest basketball players of all time. In my opinion, both are very similar in a sense. 

• What advice would you give to a person looking to create a composite image in Photoshop? Be specific.

Advice I would give is to find to pictures with similar expressions and lighting. This way it is easier to blend the 2 images together. Also choose to images which have similar meaning. My images for example show a highly regarded basketball player and a highly regarded painting. Both of these are in a way similar.

8 comments

1. aidanmin26 · December 13, 2023 at 5:32 pm ·

I like how unique this idea is. I like how well the tone of the skin is blended with the painting. This shows me that the editor put great time into this project.

2. aidanmin26 · December 13, 2023 at 5:34 pm ·

Even though the picture already has layers over it, the picture could have more. The face looks too realistic. The face should have more of a painting feeling to it.

3. aidanmin26 · December 13, 2023 at 5:35 pm ·

I would suggest adding more layers to this photo. Making it seems even more painting-like. Other than that, this project is perfect.

4. thomaslaf26 · December 17, 2023 at 11:45 pm ·

I like the thinking behind the photo. I like how both people match the facial expressions, it also adds a little humor. I also like the use of texture it makes it feel like a painting.

I think he could have done a better job overall on the cutting and blending. The face seems a little too big for the body. The lighting also seems a bit off ass their is no other light in the painting.

I would say try to find a photo without that much lighting. The lighting makes the face stand out and appear more placed. If the lighting was hidden a bit more it would finish the art work and make it better. Besides that it is a great piece of work.

5. ryanlei24 · December 19, 2023 at 1:37 pm ·

I like how the lebron face is actually seeming part of the image in art style. I genuinely looks like Lebron is part of the air style. It makes the photo less jaring.
    A big issue with the photo is the massive difference in color between Lebrons face and the photo that Lebron is in. The big issue is that the artist made the colors blend into each other causing them to smug across the screen. Lebrons face doesn’t do this at all and just jumps into where it without any color smudging or anything. This makes it extremely easy to tell where lebrons face was cropped in and making it look incredibly unnatural to the point where I can tell were the lebron face was cropped out. If the colors where smudged a bit more together the photo would look a lot more natural
    Some advice is to smudge the photo with the color and make lebrons face more like the actual photo. It wouldn’t take that long to fix the colors in the photo and fix it. They could also change the color of the Lebron face to match the painting more.

6. nolangab26 · December 19, 2023 at 1:42 pm ·

One thing I liked: This photo is not well made, but I like how Luke picked a picture of Lebron yelling with the scream painting. It matches the painting and makes it funny and interesting. However, this was not done very well, the face does not match the texture of the painting

One thing that can be changed: Everything. Luke should’ve changed the texture of Lebron’s face to match the painting. Luke should’ve also changed the skin color of the person in the painting so that it would match Lebron.

Advice: Try and put an effort into creating a cretu. Photoshopping a face in and calling it quits does not mean that the photo will be good. Not a bad photo, but I feel like not a lot of effort was done.

7. anthonypar26 · December 19, 2023 at 2:02 pm ·

I like how the photo all blends in with the waviness of the painting. I like how the face of LeBron fits so well with the actual photo. The photo is of a screaming man and Lebron’s face is yelling which fits the photo perfectly.The photo could include more light and be brighter. If the photo was brighter the detail of the people in the painting could pop out more. The detail would make the photo easier to look at and point out the point of the composite. Advice I would give to Luke Gardner is to blend the face of Lebron more. That way, the face of Lebron would fit the image better and look like it’s really there. Overall, great image but the blending in would help make the face look life-like.

8. mileswil26 · December 19, 2023 at 2:20 pm ·

The thing I like the most about Luke’s picture is that he has a funny picture of LeBron Raymond James. The picture of the Scream and a picture of LeBron yelling compliments each other well. He added some texture to LeBron’s face which I think looks great on the King.
    Something that could be better in the photo is the blending of LeBron’s skin and the picture. The picture is good overall, but it would have been much nicer if he incorporated LeBron more. If Luke, tried to put his body as well, I think it would have been nicer.
    One piece of advice for this picture is to blend the two items better. He did very good on the cropping of LeBron but he could have put more texture to him as well. Also, I think he could have put more effort in the amount of work he did because he only did his face. More of LeBron would have made the picture perfect.